Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 22, 2016 - Dearly Blub Blubber...







Look who got hitched this week woohooo!! Thank you to the people who sent me pics of the event and not just pics of barrels and burlap bows. Very much appreciated. Congrats to Syd and Austin Corry!!

So I don’t have a lot to say... (name that movie) because transfers are in and I’m staying in São Miguel with Sister Monteiro another transfer woohoo! We helped the sister we were living with get off to Maceio today to go home tomorrow, which was a whirlwind of work I had forgotten about. But luckily I planned it well enough that I got to spend some time with Sister Estela before she leaves tomorrow. Not sure if it was a good idea or a bad one to surprise her in her apartment because she started crying when I walked in haha. It was a hard moment for my fragile heart this week but I’m glad I got to see her.

Anyways who else heard that Brasil won the big gold one in the Olympic soccer game?! woohooo I was so pumped!! It was the worst thing ever trying to teach during the Olympics when literally everyone was watching, but this week when Brasil won, everyone in the city started cheering and went out on the streets yelling (including me) and it was great. Viva Brasil!!

Hey who has ideas on where I can live at BYU this January?? Any ideas will be welcomed thank you... I’m thinking Liberty Square but who knows if I’ll even have money to pay for that place. Is it too early for Sydney and Austin to have a house pet?

Anyways I’m doing really good in this area, our teaching group is falling and restarting as usual but that family that went to church went again and we´re trying to work faster than the adversary to get them firm for their baptism on September 11. I really see clearly now how the little actions in our life make such a difference, or represent how converted we are to the gospel, just by our attitudes or how we react to a situation. I never perceived how the people in my own ward have varying levels of conversion, and that helps you understand why they do the things they do. Interesting all the things the spirit will help you understand if you just listen. Anyways that’s all. Sorry my letter is so short, but have a great week, happy last week of summer!! I love you all lots!!


Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment