Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016 - 7 Meses People!

                                               Transfer Day - No More Dual Americans!


Hey guys what a crazy week! 

Most of my week was traveling, with transfers and then we had a leaders meeting in Maceio the next day and then they didn’t have buses for us to go home when we needed to because of Carnaval so we had to sleep at another sisters apartment in Maceio for the night and leave super early the next day to come back to Estancia. The annoying thing was that it was all up to the elders to plan (who thought that was a good idea?) so no one knew what was going on or what time we had to be at the bus station or anything so I called so many people trying to figure it out for myself and someone gave me a wrong number and I ended up calling some man named Paulo 2 times on accident.... sorry Paulo. 

 But finally we made it back and started to work again. Its super great to be with Sister Barbosa again, it kinda feels like she never left and we just picked up where we left off. It’s even better now because I can actually contribute to our companionship and she can lean on me more now. It was interesting what we learned in our training was really to make the difference in our own areas, and if things aren’t working, we have to stop what we’re doing and change our methods! Like duh, it’s so obvious but I never even thought of that before. We talked a lot about working with the members more effectively. I realized you have to care about the members and get to know them before they’ll give you references. I was thinking about all of the missionaries that have already served in our ward, or had dinner with us at our house, and how few of them I actually remember. But the ones I do, are the ones that actually cared about our family, asked about us, served us, wanted to get to know us. So that’s the kind of missionary I want to be here too. I need to be more creative with activities here in the branch and all that- any ideas??

I feel like I don’t have anything else to say, we barely had time to work this week!! But I love you guys and hope you have a great week! Don’t forget to help the sisters!


Sister Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment